Questions to ask before building your Website
- What is the purpose of my website?
This is probably the most important question you can ask when creating a website. Your website’s purpose should be clear and concise, and it should align with the goals of your business. Whether you’re looking to generate new leads, sell products or services online, or simply provide information about your company, make sure your website’s purpose is clear from the outset.
- Who is my target audience?
Once you know the purpose of your website, you need to figure out who you’re targeting with it. This will help you determine things like design elements, content, and even functionality. For example, if you’re targeting other businesses with your website, you may want to focus on providing more detailed information about your products or services. If your target audience is consumers, on the other hand, you’ll likely want to focus on making it easy for them to find what they’re looking for and buy from you online.
- What do I want my website to look like?
This question goes hand-in-hand with targeting your audience – after all, if you know who your target audience is, you’ll have a better idea of what they’ll respond well to visually. When it comes to web design, there are no hard-and-fast rules; it’s important to find a style that reflects your brand and appeals to your target audience. However, there are a few things to keep in mind when designing your website:
1) Make sure all visuals (including fonts) are consistent across all pages of your site; this will help create a strong visual identity for your brand.
2) Use simple designs that are easy to navigate; complex designs can be overwhelming and may cause visitors to leave your site before they’ve had a chance to learn more about what you have to offer.
3) Stick to two or three main colors – too many colors can be jarring and distracting for visitors.
4) Avoid using too much text – Remember, people visit websites because they’re looking for information; long chunks of text will quickly turn them off.
- What type of content should I use?
Content is a key element of any website, and it plays an important role in driving traffic to your site and keeping visitors engaged. When creating content for your website, make sure it’s informative, concise, and relevant to your business. You should also focus on creating content that appeals to the specific needs of your target audience – this could include product descriptions, case studies, FAQs or even educational articles.
- What features do I need?
Finally, consider what type of features you need for your website. Depending on the purpose of your website, you may want to consider features such as an ecommerce store, customer login portal, or even a blog. You should also think about things like contact forms and social media integration; these will help make it easier for visitors to get in touch with you and engage with your brand online.